Here’s a progress update on the Jacob Cornsilk Community Center. Construction recently becenter for the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians. We are thrilled to be a part of this important project that will eventually serve this entire community.
MPS is working with a great team that includes 4D Engineering; RMF Engineering; Britt, Peters and Associates; Aniwaya Design; and James R. Vannoy & Sons Construction.Once completed, the community center will include:
- New gymnasium with basketball / volleyball courts and an elevated running track with elevator access.
- New fitness areas including free weight + cardo rooms, locker rooms and showers, office area, and storage.
- Expanded library + classroom space.
- New improved office space for multiple community services including Police, Transit, Community Health, Family Support, and Administration.
- New Health + Dental clinic.
- Relocated memorial installation
- Beautiful views of nearby Snowbird Creek.
To learn more about the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians visit: http://ebci.com.