Greenville Technical College had a ribbon-cutting for their new Dreisbach/Anderson Student Success Center on 8/24/2021. Dr. Matteel Knowles, VP of Student Services said, “We are thoroughly excited to be serving students in a newer facility that is designed with them in mind…a new building like this brings a fresh attitude to the staff and the students who use it, creating a more welcoming environment and a renewed spirit. You see, we have not just renovated the building. We have also renovated the student experience.”
The building redesign and renovation included includes:
- Open workspaces for high-level collaboration across formerly separate teams.
- Co-located services for degree-seeking students with those for Economic Development and Corporate Training students.
- New technology that centralizes services and better facilitates the pace and speed at which GTC can help students reach their academic, career, and personal goals.
- Flexible spaces for meetings, student forums, and community events.
- Amenity features including comfortable collaboration areas, an abundance of natural lighting and connection to the outdoor landscape, outdoor leisure spaces, superior labs for testing and computing, a state-of-the-art professional theater, and a new café serving Starbucks.
We are honored that GTC staff, instructors, and students are proud of this facility and what it represents, and are thankful for Greenville Technical College and our build partners: JMZ Architects and Planners, M. B. Kahn Construction, Burdette Engineering, J&A Engineering, MMSA, Peritus, Productions Unlimited, and S & W Inc.