May is already bringing great progress for the MUST Ministries Shelter Building in Marietta, GA. After completing the foundation earlier this month, we’re heading towards framing and steel erection to get the building up and running by Spring 2022.
The new shelter will hugely impact the surrounding area and help stabilize the homeless population by providing a haven for those in need. Once complete, the new 42,000 SF shelter will include:
- 136 beds
- Commercial kitchen and dining hall
- Physical and mental health services
- Education and job placement services
- Chapel / Meditation
- Office space
- Separate men and women’s areas
- Semi-private family rooms
- Space for social services support
A project like this couldn’t have been done without the coordination of a great team. Thanks to our partners! Shumate Mechanical, Wallace Engineering, Camacho Associates, Batson-Cook Construction, and Westside Engineering.
Link to the YouTube video here to watch the great progress update from Batson-Cook Construction.