Judges praised the efficiencies in construction and said “while the building at first glance is unassuming, the use of mass timber really warms the interior to create an inviting learning environment. The clean execution of the project shows the fruits of the Architect’s and [owner’s] decades-long relationship.”
The annual BD+C Building Team Awards celebrate excellence in team collaboration and design/construction solutions. This year’s judges explained why the Chandler Center exemplified the qualities of this award. “A project and presentation that check all of the boxes for me,” said one of the judges, “A well-planned, collaborative effort that serves a purpose, is environmentally conscious, and [will teach] future generations.”
Congrats to our entire building team on this wonderful recognition:
- Owner: Wofford College
- Architect: McMillan Pazdan Smith Architecture
- Structural engineer: Britt, Peters And Associates
- Mechanical and Plumbing engineer: Crow & Bulman Engineering
- Electrical engineer: Matrix Engineering, Inc.
- General contractor and Construction manager: Robins & Morton
Read the full project feature and learn more about this award here.